Have YOU ever climbed the Holy Stairs? The imperative of conserving the Scala Santa and Chapel of S. Lorenzo was the topic of Mary Angela Schroth’s presentation on August 12th at St. Michael’s Church in Cary, NC.
Thank you to Douglas Brinkley, North Carolina Chapter Board Member, for sharing these pictures with us!
Dr. Schroth discussing the importance of renovating and maintaining the Scala Santa and Chapel S. Lorenzo
After Dr. Schroth’s compelling lecture, there was a dinner for the Board and invited guests at Herons in the Umstead Hotel + Spa in Cary.
This was taken at the post presentation dinner at Herons at the Umstead Hotel + Spa and includes members of the Chapter Board and our guests.
From left to right
1. Mr. Henry Zaytoun III, Financial Advisor
2. Mrs. Lenora Evans, Executive Director of the Frankie Lemmon Foundation.
3. Douglas Brinkley, Chapter Board Member.
4. Dr Sarah Schroth – Director of the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University.
5. Robert Shaw – Attorney and Chapter Board Member.
6. Dr. Mary Angela Schroth – Coordinator of the Scala Santa and Chapel of S. Lorenzo.
7. Mr. Bill Brown, Chief Conservator at the North Carolina Museum of Art